Welcome to the University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) at Georgetown University. The mission of the Georgetown University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities is to advance self-determination among the diversity of people with developmental and other disabilities and their families, throughout the life course, and advocate for their full participation in all aspects of community life.
DDA Health Initiative The Georgetown University Center for Child and Human Development, University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (GU-UCEDD) conducts a quality assurance and improvement initiative to assist the District of Columbia's Developmental ... Read More
The GU Certificate in Early Intervention (GU CEI) will teach you the critical skills needed to:
• Provide contemporary evidence based services and support;
• Work collaboratively with families to design responsive functional outcomes and program plans;
• Support team members to serve children and families in an integrated and comprehensive system of care.
- A discussion on the Kojo Nnamdi show: Upcoming Changes In D.C. Disability Services Spark Public Pushback Read More & Listen
- Public Roundtable convened by the Council of the District of Columbia, Committee of the Whole and Human Services on the DC Department on Disability Services’ “Developmental Disabilities Administration Health Initiative Program Contract.” Watch Recording
- Interview with Director Tawara Goode: Enhancing the Quality of Early Childhood Programs for All Children Read More
- AUCD Diversity Scholar Fellow and CAC member, Chioma Oru, co-writes an opinion in the Washington Post on the need for transparent policies in charter schools. Read More
Liz Weintraub from AUCD chats with Tawara Goode, director of the Georgetown UCEDD, about what culture and diversity mean, how culture influences perceptions and beliefs about disability, and cultural considerations in healthcare.
- UCEDD Director recognized in the ASPHN Black History Month celebration and acknowledgment
Please take the time to click here and answer a 2 question survey about our new website
- We’re social! Stay up to date on the available resources, services and supports, and news related to UCEDD by following us on social media.
FACEBOOK | TWITTER